Tuesday, May 17, 2011

PC Maintenance & Security

Which tutorial did you choose?
1. Blocking spam in gmail
2. Installing RoboForm
3. Exploring the settings of Firefox

What was one thing you learned that you will definitely be sharing with others?
1. I learned how to filter emails. I never knew you could choose specific email addresses and have any messages from that email filtered to spam, deleted, or moved directed to an archived area.
2. RoboForm is a great way to store all your logins. I have a file at home where I have all my logins and passwords written down, but this is a great way to keep them safe electronically.
3. After learning about RoboForm it was great to see another way to store logins and passwords. I like that Firefox has the master password option so your computer is still protected if someone gets access to it.

Was there any information that surprised you?
In all three tutorials I was most surprised by not knowing about these features. It is amazing how much is available through gmail and also through Mozilla Firefox. I think I will take some time and explore each of these further.

No comments:

Post a Comment